Heart monitors. Baby monitors. Hall monitors. You’re probably familiar with all of these observation and alert systems. What about power monitors? What is a power monitoring system, and why is it important to have in Upland, CA? Here’s what you need to know.
Power monitoring is used to take a proactive approach to the management of electricity and energy. With this system in place, you can do the following:
- Identify problems: Not all power is top quality. However, unless you are experiencing major issues with your power supply, you may not realize you have low-quality power. This low quality can cause problems with devices and damage to components. A power monitoring system will alert you to any quality issues so you can avoid these problems.
- Improve equipment longevity: Highly advanced equipment requires reliable power. Your IT systems and other devices will experience shorter lifespans if they are not properly powered. To extend their longevity, try a power monitoring system that will keep you informed about your electrical supply and device performance.
- Provide surge protection: Power surges and damaging currents can destroy expensive equipment in an instant. Fortunately, a power monitoring system can protect your motors and machinery from these surges. Rather than leave your systems exposed to chance, consider using power monitoring systems to protect them from surges.
- Prevent overheating: For some equipment, it is easy to overheat. Working hard to run your systems, transformers and conductors can generate intense amounts of energy and may overheat. However, a power monitoring system can prevent this from happening.
- Identify malfunctions: Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to identify a malfunction before it happens? A power monitoring system can make this possible. The system locates and identifies the malfunction of equipment before the disaster happens or damage occurs. You can receive alerts or be notified by alarms if anything functions abnormally.
Is a power monitoring system right for us?
Now that you understand what a power monitoring system is and why it’s important to have one in Upland, CA, you may still wonder if it’s right for you. If you have experienced any of the following, you should consider installing a power monitoring system:
- Premature equipment failure
- Unexplained resets or tripping
- Reliance on power for critical operations or safety
- Compliance requirements for power supply reporting
- Complex electrical schedules that need cost allocation
What is the next step?
If you think a power monitoring system might be right for you, contact your local power specialists. These experts can offer valuable insights into choosing the best power monitoring system for your setting and needs.
Take the next step
The professionals at Ham’s Electric, Inc. know the answers to your questions about what power monitoring systems are and why they’re important to have in Upland, CA. Established in 1986, we are the area’s go-to source for hospital systems, telecom installations, computer facilities, critical equipment installations, critical power systems and more. Contact us today for installation, service and maintenance. 24-hour emergency service is available! Reach our experienced team at 909-982-7344.